Friday, July 2, 2010

In Loveing Memory Of My Brother

Karissa, Steve and Shellie
On July 3rd, 2008, my brother at the age of 43 passed away and left behind 5 wondeful children, two sisters and his parents. I will never forget the phone call that I received from my mother while I was working. I will never forget that day, period.



As I sat in the hospital tonight, for a recurring uti and pylonephritis, I couldn't help but think about that day again. I was only a few rooms away from where he was. What else was I to do while I was sitting there alone. I read my book of course, but there was still spare time to think.



My brother was a great brother. As he got older, he became more of a friend to me. He was not a part of the family for a long time. But as time went on, he changed and really tired hard to be as part of it. I was so proud of him.



Last year we didn't do anything. I think we were all too sad. On top of that though, mom and dad were moving out of their house and into a new one on July 3rd last year. There wasn't much time to do anything.



This year we are going to Seattle to watch the fireworks. I am looking forward to it.



I know my brother knows how much we all miss him. I believe that he watches over all of us each and every day. I may not visit his graveside often, but I do think of him often. He is always on my mind among the other family members that have passed on as well.



A Happy Birthday to America and a I MISS YOU to my brother. I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. Please be sure to drive safely if you are traveling and remember to say I love you to those you do love, as you never know when they will leave this earth to our heavinly father.

No comments:

Post a Comment