Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July, 2010


Dad and mom decided that they wanted to do something different this 4th of July, so they invited me to go with them to Seattle to watch the grand fireworks show.

We left Saturday morning and wend shopping at Northbend Mall. We found some clothes for dad and a t-shirt for me. Then we went to check in at the hotel. For dinner we went to the Cheesecake Factory. It was so good!

The next morning we got up and went to breakfast at this quaint little restaurant we had never been to before. My breakfast was very good. While we were there, I saw Mike Andring walk in! We chatted for a few minutes. I wish I could have hung out with him longer. I really like him. I met him when he worked at the Double Tree Hotel and we had a gift shop there.

After breakfast we drove around four two hours trying to find a good spot to see the fireworks. We went to gas works park and the line up had already begun. Miles of cars and people hanging out in chairs and tents waiting in line to get in. We didn't want to do that, so we kept looking.

We came across a great spot up on Queen Annes hill.



This is the view we had for watching the fireworks!


This is what people did to reserve their spots for watching the fireworks. One lady pulled her vehicle up, jumped out and opened up her trunk, put out three chairs, tied them together and left. Then she came back with garden trimmers and trimmed all of the brush in front of where she was going to sit and left again. Dad and I just laughed.


This is the view of Gas Works Park. Look at all the people there!

After we found our "spot", we left to go shopping. We went back to the hotel afterwards and left again at 5pm to go get some food and head back over to our spot to make sure it was reserved. Since we didn't have any chairs, we had to park the car there for five hours. Five hours without a restroom! About 8pm, people started coming around, so we had to get out of the car and stand for the last two hours to make sure we had our spots. It was the longest 5 hours, let me tell you!


Here are some of the pictures I got of the fireworks.



No comments:

Post a Comment