Saturday, July 17, 2010

Went to Citifest Tonight









Citifest has been being advertised for months now. I went to the website and signed up to volunteer both Saturday and Sunday. I never received a confirmation, so, being worried, I logged back in Friday night to see what was going on. It had me re-register and told me that all of the volunteer positions had been filled and I was not on the schedule. So, I emailed them and called them and never got a response back.

I really wanted to go tonight, but not alone. Angie had said she would try to meet up with me, that never happened. I had called Shellie around 1 pm and asked her to go. She said she would, but backed out at 5 pm because she was in a lot of pain. I then called my neighbor Josie to go. She said she was at the movies and she would call me when she got out at 5:15 pm. So I wait. She calls me and says Albert is on his way to pick them up. I asked her numerous times if she REALLY wanted to go. If she didn't or if she was just being nice, I would go without her because I didn't want to be late. But she said she wanted to go. So now it is 5:45pm I am already 45 minutes past the time I wanted to go. She calls me back and says she has to go grocery shopping. I can't believe her! She is so inconsiderate! Why do I even bother trying to be nice to her anymore? This is the third time she has screwed me over. So, pissed, I leave to go to the festival on my own.

I walked around for a bit and finally found a spot in a corner where I was out of the way and I listened to the music all night. The sons speech was very interesting. I was a bit peeved though because people kept standing in front of me. That wasn't so bad, but there kids kept running around in circles around me and screaming so
i couldn't hear anything. Why are parents so oblivious to these things? They certainly do not care about anyone but themselves obviously. So there I sit, alone, not being able to hear the guy, nothing to look at but the stupid kids running circles in front of me. Finally they left and I was able to enjoy the rest of the music.

I didn't know who any of the groups were. Everyone sure went crazy when Kutless came out though. I had never heard of them. But as soon as I heard them play some songs, I new I had heard them on the radio plenty of times.

All in all, it was a good night, just very lonely. But I figured I had to be independent to do this. I really wanted to go and I couldn't let the fact that no one was able or wanted to go with me stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment